College Summer Fellowship Program

College Summer Fellowship Program

Contact Information

Thomas Regan, M.D.
Assistant Dean of Admissions and Student Affairs
Phone: 860-679-4713
Fax: 860-679-6763

Carla Burns, M.Ed.
Director of Admissions and Student Affairs

Liz Golebieski, M.P.H.
Administrative Program Coordinator

Antonella Pagani
Administrative Program Assistant

Mailing Address
UConn Health
College Summer Fellowship Program
263 Farmington Avenue, MC1905
Farmington, CT 06030-1905

The College Summer Fellowship Program will not be offered for summer of 2017.

The UConn School of Medicine and Dental Medicine College Summer Fellowship Program is designed to offer undergraduates who are completing their sophomore, or preferably their junior year of college, and plan to pursue a career as a M.D., D.M.D., M.D./Ph.D., or D.M.D./Ph.D, an opportunity to participate in the research activities of a laboratory at the School of Medicine or Dental Medicine under the direction of a faculty member. The purpose of the program is to provide a research enrichment experience and some exposure to clinical medicine or dental medicine. This program is for college undergraduates ONLY – graduates are not eligible.

Applicants should have completed some college coursework in biology and chemistry (preferably through organic chemistry). Previous laboratory experience is desirable. Applicants must submit an application, official transcript, standardized test scores, and two letters of recommendation. A $30 application fee is also required which must be paid online. No cash will be accepted for payment.

Applying to the Program

Please refer to the application form for more details and information about the program and application process.

For International Applications

All international applicants who are U.S. permanent residents or U.S. citizens are eligible to apply. For internationals who do not hold this status, we are not able to accept or sponsor any international non-U.S. resident student on a J-1, H-4, or H1-B visa in our program (with a stipend or on a volunteer basis) or that is studying abroad and not studying in the U.S. Only international students who have the F-1 student visa and that are currently undergraduate students studying in the U.S. or in a U.S. college or university are eligible, as long as they obtain the “curricular practical training" from their current U.S. college or university.

International students who are already enrolled in a foreign medical or dental school (outside of the U.S.) are not eligible.