COVID-19 Modification to the 2020-2021 Application Season
The following adjustments and changes have been made to the application and interview process for the upcoming medical school application season. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com.
College Course Modifications
- Pass-Fail grades will be accepted for all coursework that was completed in the college setting for the winter/spring /summer of 2020.
- On-line modules will be accepted for the winter/spring/summer 2020.
- On-line courses including labs will be accepted for the entire 2020 academic year.
Letters of Recommendation (LOR)
- LOR are still required of all applicants applying for this academic year.
- Committee letters should be utilized when available to applicants from their institution.
- For applicants from schools that do not provide a composite advisory committee letter, the applicant must provide a minimum of three letters from individuals familiar with their academic history.
MCAT Result Adjustments
- MCAT scores WILL NOT be required to initiate the holistic review process.
- MCAT scores WILL BE required for a final decision on acceptance by the admission committee.
- Applicants are required to take the MCAT no later than September 30, 2020.
- Applicants are still required to sit for the exam within three years of their application.
Supplemental Application Questions
- As in the past, all students submitting an initial application either with an MCAT score or expecting an MCAT score will be sent a supplemental application.
- An additional question has been added allowing students to conceptualize the experience and personal impact of the pandemic including planned experiences that were disrupted.
- Interviews will be offered after holistic review of each file; reviews will NOT BE delayed if students are still waiting to sit for a scheduled fall 2020 MCAT or has taken an MCAT but the score has not yet been received.
- ALL interviews will be offered in the virtual format; no in-person interviews will be occurring during the 2020-2021 application season.
- The AMCAS deadline for initial application submission for UConn School of Medicine continues to be November 15.
- The UConn School of Medicine deadline to submit and complete all supplemental application materials, including supplemental statements and letters of recommendations, will continue to be December 31.