COVID-19 Modification to the 2021-2022 Application Season
The following adjustments and changes have been made to the application and interview process for the upcoming medical school application season. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com.
College Course Modifications
- Pass-Fail grades will only be accepted for coursework completed in the college setting for the winter/spring /summer of 2020.
- Pass-Fail grades will NOT be accepted for required prerequisite courses completed after summer 2020.
- All on-line courses will be accepted if completed between spring 2020 and summer 2021.
- All on-line courses will continue to be accepted after summer 2021 if completed at an applicant’s primary institution for undergraduate studies or an applicant’s formal post-baccalaureate/master’s program.
Letters of Recommendation (LOR)
- LOR are still required of all applicants applying for this academic year.
- Committee letters should be utilized when available to applicants from their institution.
- For applicants from schools that do not provide a composite advisory committee letter, the applicant must provide a minimum of three letters from individuals familiar with their academic history.
MCAT Result Adjustments
- MCAT scores WILL BE required for a final decision on acceptance by the admission committee.
- Applicants are required to take the MCAT no later than September 30, 2021.
- Applicants are still required to sit for the exam within three years of their application.
Supplemental Application Questions
- As in the past, all students submitting a completed application will be sent a supplemental application.
- An additional question has been added to the supplemental application allowing students to conceptualize the experience and personal impact of the pandemic including planned experiences that were disrupted.
- Interviews will be offered after a holistic review of an applicant's file.
- ALL interviews will be offered in the virtual format; no in-person interviews will be occurring during the 2021-2022 application season.
- The AMCAS deadline for initial application submission for UConn School of Medicine continues to be November 15.
- The UConn School of Medicine deadline to submit and complete all supplemental application materials, including supplemental statements and letters of recommendations, will continue to be December 31.