Faculty in the School of Medicine are actively involved in a variety of innovative and cutting edge basic science, epidemiological, biobehavioral, and clinical/translational research activities. A major focus of this effort is the translation of our discoveries into advances in patient care and the licensing of new technologies and devices to the private sector.
In the News
Congratulations to our Alcohol Research Center on their five-year, $7.5 million award from the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. This is their eighth successful competitive renewal, continuing funding for years 41 through 45. The program’s longevity is unmatched, both within the University and among all NIAAA-funded alcohol centers. Read more.
- Operating, Though Outnumbered, in Orthopedics
- On the Ground in the Hurricane-ravaged Bahamas
- UConn Health October 2019 Programs, Events
- ‘I’m a Nurse… I Can’t Let You Do This’
- World’s First Gene Therapy for Glycogen Storage Disease Produces Remarkable Results
- Anemia May Contribute to the Spread of Dengue Fever